Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I didn't want to post under the other thread in case my post got lost hehe.

Samhain is also having problems with over-grooming. It sounds very similar - inside her front arms is bald, along with her tummy and a few other patches here and there on her legs and arms. I have read up about "Feline Miliary Dermatitis" and flea allergies, but they say the most common area to be affected is near her tail - Samhain doesn't have bald spots there, so I am confused.. She is very happy, doesn't get upset if you touch the areas, hasn't lost any weight - she is otherwise completely normal.

I've made an appointment for her for next Thursday (I can't go any earlier because of my school schedule), but any ideas of what it could be that I could ask my vet about?

Thanks,
Tanya

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Sorry this isn't really something similar exactly. Around Sugar's belly near her nipple area it is kinda slightly hairless and her nipple area is a bit pinkish reddish, wondering is this normal too?

Also, the back of her hind leg, is kinda losing hair not noticably tho, is this b/c she is always sitting on that and losing hair? Does anyone else's cat lose hair around the knee/back leg area too? :wink:

Hehe maybe someone can answer both our questions Tanyuh!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehehe if not, kitkat, I'm taking Samhain to the vet on Thursday so I'll let you know what she says. I'm afraid I might have to put Samhain in an elizabethan collar until her fur grows back! Poor Samhain.. Psi will tease her to no end! Maybe I should put them both in elizabethan collars? Hehehe. I'll let you know how it goes on Thursday.

Tanya

Oh! One other thing... I told my mom I was taking her to the vet for her balding fur, and you know what my mom said!? "Why not just put her to sleep?" IS SHE INSANE? *shakes head* I was in disbelief!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Could it be a food allergy? For example, any corn gives my dog diarrhea plus itchy skin. I imagine something similar could happen to cats. Perhaps you could try a food with no grains in the ingredients?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, off to the vet! Poor unsuspecting Samhain. I put out her cage and she's sitting in it like she's in fat-city. Poor kitty. She hates the car, and our vet is a good 45 mins away.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I just pray that it is good news! I'm a little nervous..

Tanya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts