Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Samhain's eye has a little problem. It had been gooey for a few days - from Monday till Thursday. There was some goo in her eye and it was really watery. We tried to get it out because it seemed to be bugging her. This was on Wed. On Thurs it came back and I cleaned it out again. Since yesterday it has just been really watery though and she squints but she has always "used" her eye. Do you think it will be okay after leaving it alone for the next few days? Is there a way I can make sure that she can still see with that eye? I think maybe the kitten scratched her, but who knows...

Thanks,
tanyuh

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You should take her to the vet. She could have scratched her eye or got an eye infection. If she has an eye infection, they should give her some kitty eyedrops.

If you can't take her to the vet.. You could keep doing what your doing and use human eyedrops, but I highly discourage that.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I do not recommend using human eye drops on your cat without talking to your vet. If your cat does have an eye infection, which it sounds like, you'll have to contact your vet for medication.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is much better today, she isn't squinting at all and there isn't any goo left. It is just a bit runnier than usual. It wasn't an infection because the goo wasn't yellow or crusty, it was just dark grey and a lot like snot heh. I don't know what she did to it heh.

Thanks
tanyuh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts