Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday night Sammy was resting on the chair next to me and he started to hiccup. I thought maybe he was working up a hurl or hairball but this was different, his whole body shook. He didn't seem the least bit bothered. I've never witnessed nor heard of cat hiccups. Last night he was sleeping in the crook of my arm and it happened again. It's too funny.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I've never heard of kitty hiccups either, but yeah that must have been adorably cute. Did his diet change or anything to cause them (not that I'm going to try to make my cats hiccup, just curious :p)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure if it's serious or not

I realize this is a bit of an older post but I looked it up because Lulu has been getting the hiccups. I have read conflicting things about them. I read on this page about animal hiccups (and on a lot of other websites as well) that cats can get hiccups and they're normal and if they get them a lot it could mean their food is too high in grain.

Buuuuut then I read this article: True Hiccups Unlikely in a Cat that says hiccups are unlikely and what looks like hiccups can be a more serious condition so now I'm worried.... thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts