Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some sardines yesterday and they were a big hit! I was amazed, Willie has never taken to a new meat so easily, he pawed at, licked off what he scratched off, then went to town on them.

Even more surprisingly Neko, my cat who does not and will not eat raw anything ate one without much hesitation, I was shocked!

So how often should I feed them? Once a week? Are they complete meals?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fish for cats is like vicodin for Dr House.

In any case I don't think fish is a complete meal.

~Siameseifuplz~ said:
I bought some sardines yesterday and they were a big hit! I was amazed, Willie has never taken to a new meat so easily, he pawed at, licked off what he scratched off, then went to town on them.

Even more surprisingly Neko, my cat who does not and will not eat raw anything ate one without much hesitation, I was shocked!

So how often should I feed them? Once a week? Are they complete meals?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know fish are a good source of nutrients, but a variety is needed. Personally, I don't think a diet made up of mostly fish is balanced, but as a supplement to other meats it's good. Mackerel, salmon, herring and sardines are good because they have omega 3s.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you're using them as Omega 3 supplements then I recall someone on here saying two or three sardines are good per week. That's how much I feed anyway. And I don't feed them as complete meals.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I feed a sardine (about 1 ounce) per cat per week. However they are only getting 2% of their body wieght in food...the more you feed the more you need to use.

I don't feed it as a meal just an after dinner snack. Also I do not figure it into the bone/meat percentages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts