Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I snapped a few pictures of her tonight - in her transition room She is still scared and hiding in corners, I feel sorry for her, being uprooted and taken somewhere she knows noone and a strange place.

Tuffy has been back at the door hissing and carrying on, I hope this is normal behaviour and not a sign that this is not working out. I know - it's the first night, I didnt' expect them to be instant friends but still. My husband was in the room with Satin for abit and she allowed him to pet her abit, when he came out Tuffy hissed and batted at his hand growling in his throat - he would have nothing to do with hubby smelling of the new kitty. Which made me freak abit - thinking this will never work.

Anywho - Satin is home and now we go through the transition thing - and hope it works. I certainly hope they can learn to be friendly.

I'm off to spend some more time with Satin before bedtime. Goodnight everyone - wish me luck!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Satin is sweet, although she does look a little nervous right now. Tuffy's reaction is normal. When I first adopted Abby, I used to wash my hands after I came out from playing with her, so as not to upset Muffs too much. You might consider doing that for the first few days, until Tuffy gets a bit more used to things. Also, make sure you continue to give Tuffy attention so he doesn't feel left out, although you're probably already doing that. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
She's gorgeous! And, yes, Mr. Tuffy's reaction is 100% normal.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
She's lovely! I would do a very gradual introduction with these two. Better to take a bit more time than to have them dislike each other.

First: Separate rooms
Second: Exchange room and bedding
Third: A drop of vanilla on the back of their necks (to give them similar odors)
Fourth: Prop the door a bit, and let them use interactive toys together. Help them with this. :)
Fifth: One in a carrier, but both in same room.

Around the 12th. day, in the same room with supervision. Observe. and use your judgment. If you have to go back a step, that's all right.

It's worth the time. :) By the time Nina and Blueberry they really wanted to meet. They were both friendly, gentle cats, so that might not always be the case.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Cute little tiny head with tiny ears. Now you have a Beautiful Bengal Girl.

Good job with keeping them separate for now.

The Beautiful Bengal Boys say hi!

Good luck with the intro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts