Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Satin was spayed on Monday - she is on antibiotic - she has thrown up once yesterday and she just did again. Does antibiotic make them sick?

She has thrown up before but only when she ate too much at one time, she doesn't know when to stop with wet food, since I started giving her only little bits at a time she has not - until the last two days.

Both times she threw up in the afternoon - I give the antibiotic in the AM. And both times after she ate dry food. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It could be the dry food in combination with the antibiotics could be hurting her tummy. When Teddy was on antibiotics, he wouldn't eat if I gave them to him before he ate. I would try giving her wet instead of dry. It would be easier on her stomach.

Besides the throwing up, how is she acting? Is she acting particularly sluggish or painful?

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Maybe her stomach is just upset enough that dry food is too hard to handle, whereas wet is more digestible?

It does sound like the antibiotic is the cause. Maybe slippery elm or digestive enzymes will help sooth her tummy while she's recuperating?

Fran

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No she's not acting in pain or sluggish - very alert, playful, hard to keep her quiet, her excision looks great.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Given that she shows no other signs of illness, it's likely the antibiotics. If she's still vomiting by morning, I'd give your vet a quick call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts