Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I’m at my wits end and that is why I’m reaching out to a cat community for help. Not some thing I normally do. Or ever in fact. Over a year ago I saw a litter of kittens living down the drain at the end of my street in a court. They were quite feral and not tame at all. Not too long after I noticed one of them living in a drain a little closer to my house and I started feeding him each morning on my walk. He slowly got used to me and over the year has slowly made his way down to my house where he is spending a lot of his time. I have 2 female cats that I rescued that are both desexed. It appears though that Tandy (the stray boy) was causing some upset in the home how ever as the girls started fighting with each other when they never did before. Also I started noticing a lot of wee around the place. It is not strong in odour though. One of my girls was left here last year by a person that was staying at my house and when she left, she left her cat behind. She was not desexed and as she was meant to be picked up I didn’t do it but as time went on and she went in heat and never got picked up I had her desexed and kept her. However unbeknownst to me she had scent marked every where. I cleaned up the spare room and thought that was the end of it. But I think Tandy is now weeing every where Kaykay (my girl) wee’d and it’s been so distressing that my other girl now has some thing wrong with her and I’m waiting for her to come out of the couch and hopefully get a wee sample so wee can treat her. I’ve been waiting all day. I’ve got multiple eating and drinking stations. I’ve got a feliway defuser. Many sleeping places. My questions are what could I do to try stop the cats from peeing (I try my best to clean all areas with an enzyme cleaner) and what could I do about Tandy? I can hardly send him back to live in the drain. I don’t think he’ll like being rehomed as he’s only used to me. And he’d probably try go back to his drain. I’m so tired from constantly cleaning and my house is half empty from every thing I’ve had to chuck out. Please any suggestions, tips or advice would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read my long story.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
First of all I assume you're keeping Tandy, and is he neutered? If not, that's #1 to do. Having an unneutered male with females will certainly urge him to "mark his territory". Do you have enough litter pans? With 3 cats you should have 4 litter pans, that's the usual advice= 1 pan per cat +1. Remove turds and pee clumps 2xday. Wash litter pans weekly. Get some Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract litter, and hopefully that will make a diffeence. All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts