Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
"Hello!" x 10

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Nice family. For the first time, I've noticed a family facial resemblance in cats, and that's between Arthur and Rufus. Not the colouring but the shape.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Wow, what lovely cats! How did you end up having so many sibling cats? Were they rescues/fosters/strays?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, what lovely cats! How did you end up having so many sibling cats? Were they rescues/fosters/strays?
Dolores and Laszlo were from a rescue society, along with their sister Mathilda, who died 2 years ago (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). Zuul and the Goze were unwanted kittens, as were Clarence and Cosmo. The "baby kitties" (as we call them) Arthur, TR, and Hector, were born to a pregnant abandoned cat that my husband took in at his office one winter. She had seven kittens altogether, on the evening of the worst blizzard of the year! Hubby kept two at his office with Mama and brought three to the Big House and rehomed the other two.

I've always believed kittens should come in pairs (at least) so as to keep eachother busy and minimize aggravation to the older cats.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your cats are wonderful! :) I think it's really lovely of you to take them in and care for them! And I took believe in kittens coming in pairs so that they can keep each other busy! :)

I look forward to seeing more pics and reading stories from you!

·
Registered
709 Posts
Ahh ten cats! You must be kept very busy. How do you manage feeding time? I have a job with paws everywhere and meowing and I only have two kitties!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Such beautiful kitties! You must have yours hands full. I saw on the other thread that Fifi passed away, which I was so sorry to hear about. But it's a gorgeous group you have, and it's so good of you to take in the ones who needed homes.

Is the biggest storm of the year you're referring to the 2' of snow we got in February 2010? (From a fellow DC-area person.)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Is the biggest storm of the year you're referring to the 2' of snow we got in February 2010? (From a fellow DC-area person.)
I'm a little south of Richmond, VA, October, so we don't get whomped with snow like y'all do up in NoVa. But I do believe that is the storm when they were born (trying to do the math in my head, always a challenge!). I hate to think what might've happened if Mama Kitty had given birth outdoors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts