Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I adopted a lovely kitty named Milkyway about two months ago from a shelter. She's had a bunch of health issues but is doing much better now.
She had ringworm (and gave it to me, my roommate, and one of our other cats! how sweet!) and we had her on an oral medication for it. her bald spots cleared up thankfully! however she still has some strange dry patches where like the skin is kinda scabbed. but the fur just comes right off and the scabs are almost floating on the skin in the hair? idk it's weird you can just lift them right out with a little tug and the skin isn't raw and it doesn't seem to hurt her except on her ear. anyway here are some images that show the issue. my other two cats don't have this problem.

and here's her cute face:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
How often are you brushing her hair? How many times a day?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Congrats on your new kitty! And your new adventure... 😄
I think what you’re describing is pretty normal because scabs form on the skin and on the fur where it grows, then has to come off. The difference between hers and your other cats’ reactions could be the difference in how much ringworm, skin sensitivity, fur texture etc. My gauge would be, if it comes off and stays off, that’s that. If there seem to be more scabs forming then there might be an issue. But other than a little yuk factor, it doesn’t sound to me like there is anything to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts