Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran across all the horrible information about the Hartz Flea Drops and now I'm really worried. I put a drop on her about 9pm which was about 6 hours ago. She seems perfectly fine so far and the stories I've been reading talk about people seeing the signs of problems within a couple of hours. I've done my best to wash the stuff off of her neck but I wanted to ask other people who might have done a lot more reading on the subject than I if I have much to worry about since 6 hours have past without any issue at all.....I can tell you for sure she will be under a close eye from me for a good while now.

God I feel horrible...I've only had her 2 days but she has really made a place with me and because I thought I could trust a product from a company as large as Hartz I will be very worried for my kitty now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Mike! My best guess would be that if you washed most of it off and your kitty is still doing well at this time, she will probably be just fine :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Mike, I agree. It sounds like you did everything you should be doing in this situation. She will most likely be just fine.
Unbelievable that stuff is still on the market. :x

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's been 18 hours how and she seems to be just as loving and energetic as ever. Whew, I'm sure you guys have felt what I felt before...when I started reading all that stuff on the net...I got a knot in my stomich.

To read about Harzt...check out http://www.hartzvictims.org/

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
18 hours and going, no behavioral changes, sounds good. Now just keep an eye for a few more days on the area you applied the drops to make sure no bad skin things develop, which by this time hopefully should be ok. I've seen some ugly sad pics firsthand from members that just turn my stomach. Poor cats.

Glad you found out about that brand. Yeah, I get a knot in my stomach too when I see someone looking at it in the store, I try to hint about going to the vet for better stuff, or checking online first, without openly badmouthing that product, cause I don't care to get sued by the store for losing a sale or something. :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts