Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a bad thunderstorm roll through a few hours ago. Psycho, the cat who i thought was not afraid of anything, hid under the bed during the storm. Poor little fellow. He's fine now but I never thought I'd see the day he was afraid of anything!

Anyone else have scaredy cats?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen dogs afraid of storms but not cats, until now. The look in his eyes was so sad.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Bumps is terrible with noises or storms... he hides under the nearest thing!

Magnum on the other hand will sit there and watch a storm!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
another storm is rolling in and the little guy won't stray one foot from me.

Baily is just sitting there and, I swear, he's laughing at Psycho.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Trixie is terrified of storms. At the first sound of thunder, she'll crouch down low and then go slinking off to hide under the bed or in a corner. She'll even growl when she hears a storm is approaching. The other three don't seem bothered by storms at all. Sadie was sitting in the window tonight watching the lightning in the distance.
I once heard that the season in which a cat was born has something to do with whether or not they're afraid of storms. I doubt its true, but it sure would be interesting to know why some cats react to storms and others don't.

·
Registered
458 Posts
We have had a few storms lately too.

Sully who is scare of everything, had no problems, Tasha who is the tough girl, hides downstairs!

·
Banned
11,024 Posts
irishemt17 said:
everything scares Connor! sneezing, storms, the phone!
Same things my Baby is afraid of, especially the vacuum cleaner. She goes on the window in my sister's room to get away from the fur sucking monster :lol: .

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Poor little Snickers! Other than jittery little children, Precious and Blueberry are just afraid of the vacuum cleaner. I think most cats are. We have a whole week of thunderstorms in Western PA, so it's a good thing they're not afraid of them. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts