Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your best and worse memories of school? I think my best memories would revolve around the later years. I think one of my best memories was being a lunch monitor ;D

I had dinner ladies bring food to our table and me and another lad had to serve it up to the rest of the table who were all kids in younger years. I think I must have only been about 8 or 9 myself. I seem to remember having a definite taste for the syrup sponge cake at that school (Sir John Mogg School, Detmold, Germany, Early 80's)

My worst memories probably revolve around social issues at school rather than academic. I think some problems came from joining the school late when friends and bonds had already been established. Its quite hard to join in these situations when your new. I ended up with lots of mates but never felt like I belonged there. Did that makes sense lol? (Montsaye School, Rothwell, UK, 1986-1990)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Best memory-
Playing rounders for the school. No one could hit the ball anywhere near as far as me. I would be able to walk around the pitch by the time someone got it.

Worst-
I got an ear infection after coming back from a holiday in Bulgaria. I was just about to start year 11 (Final school year in the UK)
I was almost deaf in one ear. When I got back to school (about 3 weeks off) a rumor had gone around that while I was on holiday a spider crawled into my ear and bit my ear drum and I died.

(kids eh? LOL)

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I don't have any memories from school. For almost every single degree I ever had since kindergarten I finished a year short, so I was always busy. I don't remember much from my school days and I have always regretted not stopping and smelling the roses to appreciate them.

Although I do remember the early days of my relationship with my fiance. My grades plummeted but I was finally happy. My grades also plummeted when I first got my cats, especially since they keep sneaking out of the apartment and I had to spend an hour a day finding them :wink:

Happiness can be really bad for the grades.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts