Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well as against animal testing as I am...I suppose in this case it might be beneficial. I don't want a glow in the dark cat though, that would be really freaky on those two am bathroom trips...although they wouldn't be able to sneak up on me anymore lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I find it pretty interesting. We used jellyfish DNA for a few of our experiments in high school; it was always neat to see them fluoresce! Scientists have come pretty far with HIV type viruses in general. One of my uncles almost died of it 6 years ago, but some kind of experimental medication he took COMPLETELY reversed the virus.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well as against animal testing as I am...I suppose in this case it might be beneficial. I don't want a glow in the dark cat though, that would be really freaky on those two am bathroom trips...although they wouldn't be able to sneak up on me anymore lol
They don't glow in the dark; they fluoresce which means you need a black light to see it.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
I was trying to figure out how this would be effective in the cat population. It would probably take a 100 years for it to become effective. Maybe brought about by breeders of cats. A guarantee a cat wouldnt be FIV oe FeLv possitive and a person would pay more for that cat? There would have to be enough cats bred to start making a dent.

The glowing green in the off spring is weird! It would be interesting to see it in person. Leave it to Mayo to develope this!

Off topic...I read 22,000 people fly into Rochester Minnesota a month. Its a tiny town!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts