Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scooter, our four year old doggy is sick. He started last night. He threw up like twice and diarea. We waited till today and he was even worse today and would not drink at all, very weak, fell over once, shallow breathing, and a very irregular and weak heart beat.

We took him to the vet this afternoon (4:30) and the vet gave us three different meds. One for the vomiting, one for the diahrea, and the other one was Amoxicillin an antibiotic. No food for 24hrs. Tomorrow, he can only have hamburgar and rice. A little bit of water here and there tonight and tomorrow. This morning my mom and I brought him in the house, well, he's confined into a mudroom, well it's very big but you know what I mean. We're leaving him in overnight. Hopefully he'll get over this quickly.

Meaghan

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. The whole time my mom and dad were on the phone, I was holding Scooter crying and pleading for the Lord to make him be ok. :(

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Scooter is still pretty much the same except he had just a tad bit of blood in his diahrea today. :? But only once. When my mom was a kid, she had a Beagle 'Prince' (Rest In Peace Prince). Prince was poisined and Scooter has ALL the symptoms Prince had. Not one symptom is different. Of course Prince survived through all four, thank goodness. We have som standing water in our backyard (darn rain :() and Scooter would keep escaping from his kennel. Well, the day before yesterday, he ran out of his kennel to the water and got a good amount. We call him and he doesn't come, so we go up to him and he runs to a different puddle, and we go up to him again and he goes into the garage (where his crate is kept). My dad is going out today to pick up some ground beef and some rice for Scooter. The vet said to feed that to him. We try and get his pills down him. We end up getting them down him like after 10-15 minutes. :roll:

Hopefully he'll get better soon and thanks everyone again for keeping your fingers crossed. I'm sure if Scooter had the strength to bark, he would in "thanks".

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crystal211 said:
catlover_2004 said:
Crystal211 said:
How's Scooter doing? Any updates?
Crystal, yep, check the above post. :)
You must have been posting when I did, because I specifically looked for updates. :)
Yes that is probably exactly what happend. :lol:

Scooter is better today, a little. He is going potty normal but it's a little wet looking, no blood, drinking lot's of water, still won't eat :?, his head feels cooler and he is not wobbly. He actually started to trot to his kennel when we took him outside for a potty run but of course didn't put him in the kennel. I thank God and St. Francis for Scooter surving. We honestly didn't know if he would. Thank you so much Lord........

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well,
Unfortunatley, he is still not better. I mean he is perkier, walks better, trots and even starts a light run, but, that doesn't make up for the fact that he hasen't eaten since Tuesday morning and today he vomited up mucous and blood!! 8O :( We called the vet and he prescribed Sucrulfate and gave us some canned cat food because he won't eat. I guess because with canned cat food, you can make some kind of gruel with it so you can force feed the animal if you have to? He didn't even want to see Scooter today. :? But he is better now and we were able to get two tablespoons down Scooter of the canned cat food and my mom made him some mashed potatoes and he ate some of that. I made him some eggs but he won't eat those. :roll: But, Scooter has a special priveledge today, he was aloud to lay in the hall joining into the family room (main room). :D

Hopefully, he'll get better soon! I found a St. Francis of Assissi prayer and we said that last night.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We're getting the Sucralfate down succesfully, thank goodness. Also the other meds. Scooter was allowed out of the mudroom and actually into the house and in the kitchen. My mom pulled out a slice of cheese and Scooter's eyes grew big and he started to come twards my mom some more. He ate about 3 quarters of cheese and kept that down and Scooter's a cheese dog, too. :lol: No more throwing up so far, thank goodness for that, too. Scooter went diahrea again today though but my brother took him out and my brother said it was black. :roll: Well, black means blood but my brother....he sometimes....what is the word I'm looking for? Exaggerates! :lol:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scooter is definatley better than yesterday. That is for sure. His bowel today was normal but wet, he thre up moucus with just a tadbit of blood. Less than yesterday. He ate a little better and still has a fondness for cheese today. :lol: Scooter is going to be soooo mad at us when he's better since he'll be put in his crate at night in the garage when he is ALL better. Right now, he is used to being by us in the mudroom, but TODAY, the little Prince was allowed in the family room (main room), kitchen, morning room, and the dining room to get to the front door. Off limits are the bathroom, my parent's room, their ajoined bathroom, my room, my brother's room, and the living room. Don't tell my mom but Scooter jumped on the couch twice! :lol: JK about the don't-tell-my-mom part. 1) She already knows and 2) she hasen't joined the forum.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today Scooter is alot better. He ate a whole can of cat food that they gave us! No throwing up so far, very alert. He would't bark so we turned on my dad's computer that is a video of our dogs with Scooter barking and my mom was saying things like "come here baby" and making kissy noises as if calling a dog by her. Scooter was in the mudroom with the door shut and started barking!! :D :D Then he came out and ran around the house carrying my brother's dog slipper in his mouth. :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts