Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I have 2 abbyssinians. They are great cats but they are scratching our furniture to ruin. We have recently moved into an apartment with all wood floors. Their old sisal scratching post slides across the slippery floor, therefore they will no longer use it. They occasionally use the horizontal cardboard scratching thing but they really prefer using the couches and chairs. I have read about sticky paws and I will begin using it soon but what can I provide as an acceptable alternative?

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
My suggestions are not very original, I fear. Keep their nails trimmed, provide a sisal scratching post, rather than one that is like a rug, and use bitter apple or citrus on the surfaces they might scratch. Good luck. :)

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Get a couch that doesnt show scratch marks, thats what I have :lol: only one of my cats scratches the couch, all others use the scratching post. And all my cats get their nails trimmed

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That would be wonderful... except Stephen likes to claw the cushions in a horizontal fashion (in addition to the sides). She pretty much avoids the corners.

What a weirdo! :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts