Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry another question.

I put paper under the litter boxes to catch bits of cat litter when my babies are finished, however this afternoon I came in to find they had shreaded the newspaper, can anyone think of a reason for this.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
They found themselves a new toy :roll:
i hate ti when i come home from work, on a thursday we get the local paper get delivered to my house- well it looks like a pack of dogd have been in tearing it apart, not a few kitties.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most cats will scratch all around the box, including the floor and walls. We had to replace the drywall, because it got scratched up so bad! Now we use hooded litter boxes, and that helps a great deal to keep litter inside the box, keeps the walls safe, and prevents "missing" the box when peeing...or worse!

I was still surprised the other night. I lifted off the cover from one of the boxes - this one even has a swinging door in it - and found someone had dragged their blankie in there to cover up their waste! Eew.

I'll bet your cats were just scratching around the area as they tried to cover their waste, and they found that tattered newspaper made a good cover up.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My cats do the same thing. Usually, when they attempt to cover their poops with non-existant litter material, often around their litter box, is because I need to clean it out. I have found empty cat food cans, toys, and rags all used to cover up their poops.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea what they were doing today but they somehow managed to tip one of the litter boxes upside down, there was litter everywhere. :lol:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Madmissie said:
I have no idea what they were doing today but they somehow managed to tip one of the litter boxes upside down, there was litter everywhere. :lol:
What a mess! Hehe I think you may need to get a hooded one since it wouldn't track as much outside. Cats love newspaper so don't be surprised that your cats shredded it up. My cats love shredded paper too! :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts