Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
With some catnip, patience and some scratching posts you can train the cats to use the scratching posts. I've had cats for ten years and not one of them (four cats totally) have ever used the furniture for scratching purposes. Softpaws I'm sure are great. We don't have them in Sweden so I wouldn't know but then, I have no leather furniture and no cats that scratches elswehere than on the scratching posts :)

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
lots of training, tell them off when they do it, make sure you have supplied them with scratch posts, i got leather furniture, when my cats went near it in a fashion that looks like they r gonna dig they get shooo'd away from it.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Soft claws! But, 'most' my cats are scratching post trained.. All except 4.. 2 declawed(not my choice) and 2 stubborn ones, lol.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Mine aren't very interested in the sisal scratching posts, but they love the corrugated cardboard cat scratchers. They're only 10 dollars at Wally World and they last a few months before they need to be replaced.

g'luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would get or make a scratching post. My husband made one for my Cat and she's loved it ever since. She never scratches the furniture and rarely scratches the carpet.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I made a 4 ft. tall scratching post and most of my cats use it, however I still have problems with Chrissie scratching the furniture. I do not know what to do. He usually does it when he is playing with the other cats, their games of chase-and-ambush. All I can do is place several blankets and bed spreads over the couch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts