Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my cat eats or when he wants food he will scratch around his food bowl. Kind of like when they are covering up after they go to the bathroom. Does anyone else have a cat who does this? Or know why they do it? I've always been curious about it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
He is sort of marking his territory. My boy does it to me after I hug my husband... which is funny! *LOL* Actually come to think of it, my cat does it to everything in the house....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Socks usually pets the floor while she is eating and drinking... I used to think it is because she puts her paw in the water before she drinks but she does it also when her paw is dry...

·
Registered
115 Posts
My kitten does this to her food bowl, and to my other cat's food bowl. Hers actually sits on a towel, so she will take the corner of the towel and cover up her food bowl with it. My other cat doesn't know to move the towel, so he can't eat her food. His food bowl doesn't have anything to cover it with, so she tries to cover that one by scratching at the ground near by it. I guess she doesn't want him having any of the food. :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cat Sugar does this sometimes but it kinda stopped lately. She did it recently when I fed her a canned food flavor she wasn't really fond of :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts