Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
How cow! I didn't realize it was starting up already. I tried to wait until the auditions were over one year, but then you miss everyone's back stories.

I'm not sure I'll stick with it this time, though. Steven Tyler wicked creeps me out (and annoys me).

Of course, he also could be the new dingy Paula.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steven Tyler is truly icky, but you never know, we may end up liking him. Just don't look at him.

I was just reading about the changes coming up. There won't be a round of 24 with the lame small studio performances. Instead they whittled it down to 60 people who all went to Las Vegas and performed Beatles songs, and from that they got to a final 10 who are going to be on the live shows. That's fine with me . . . the Hollywood shows were always the weakest anyway, and I really don't need to see one more person sing Something To Talk About.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Great change!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'll be watching! Not excited about Steven Tyler in the least bit though. Who knows, if they get enough bad feedback on him, maybe he'll end up only being a one season judge. Then again, we may really like his style. Just have to wait and see I guess.

·
Registered
226 Posts
dvr set!! i think j.low will be very good for the show.. tyler we have to see..and randy..oh..well we know all about the DOG! lol :)

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Okay, I have to admit, Jennifer Lopez was adorable! I really like her on the show so far.

Steven Tyler is truly creepy, ewwwwwwwwwww! And I think he'll be the new Simon. I mean, really, "Did you eat paint chips as a child?" Uncalled for.

That said, I think the trio works well together.

But I hate that they have an award during the finale for the strangest person, because not only do all the weirdos just want to be on t.v., now they want to be the strangest one and get called up to get an award at the end of the season.

Watch for the Yogi/Michael Jackson/Miley Cyrus freak.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only saw the first 20 minutes of it because I go to bed early, but I agree about J-Lo. She seemed really genuine and likable, and I like the fact that she's got some spunk (unlike Paula). Steven Tyler may grow on me, but DUDE, stop the shrieking for no particular reason! We know you were in Arrowsmith, calm down.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
lol....

I can't imagine Lopez being anything but hideous, so I might have to do a little googling for some evidence of this

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She seems to be two completely different people -- the diva who insists on only blue M&M's in her dressing room (or whatever), versus the woman you see in interviews where she's completely likable. Maybe it's a combination of the two.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Some people were calling in to the radio station this morning with their reviews and several thought she was being "fake" nice, trying to be America's sweetheart.

In the beginning, I think she genuinely hated saying no, but by the end of their first city, seeing all the nutjobs, she asked Randy, "How did you do this for 10 years???!!"

Randy Jackson was on a talk show the other night and was asked to rate Jennifer as a singer, and he grouped her with Brittney Spears as a 7, giving Lady Gaga an 8. Interesting....

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
It was better than I thought it would be. With Simon you never knew what was going to come out of his mouth and I think that Tyler will fill those shoes...he was pretty funny at times. I found J Lo to be easier to take than Paula, unless she keeps whining about not wanting to say no, then she'll get just as annoying...although she can string a sentence together and not trip over her tongue. But somebody needs to tell her she's too old for glitter eye shadow.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I actually liked Steven Tyler. Yes, he's over the top and slimmy, but it works for him. He is who he is and he's not afraid to show it and he's a REAL SINGER and musician. He has earned his right to be there and tells it like it is!

JLo was making me sick! Ooooh, "I can't say no"....Come on, what did you think you signed on for? Give me a break! The cutesy act will be getting old real soon...you're over 40...act like it and just stop it!

And WHY is she even there? She can't sing...maybe if it was dancing with the stars I can see it, but AI...Ummm...as good a fit as Ellen was. Don't get me wrong, LOVED Ellen just she did not belong there.

OK rant over...other than wanting to smack JLo, I liked it so far, but I won't watch past Hollywood Week...for sure.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I'm confused!
What exactly was that statement that showed up right before it went to American Idol last night? About Steven Tyler. Was that a joke or something, and I just don't get it?

Overall some great performances last night I thought.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'm confused!
What exactly was that statement that showed up right before it went to American Idol last night? About Steven Tyler. Was that a joke or something, and I just don't get it?

Overall some great performances last night I thought.
I've been wondering the same thing! I drove around a lot yesterday for work, and Ryan Seacrest was making a huge deal out of it on the radio, but I never saw anything that warranted the hullabaloo. That being said, I do think that Tyler verges on pervert status the way he talks to some of the girls (like the "showing just enough leg" comment). To make it even worse, many of the ones he comments on are minors...eww!

J-LO was a little annoying during the first episode (the whining), but I think she will do pretty well on this show. I think she has more qualifications to judge than Ellen or Paula, and I actually find her likable compared to Cara.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
That's kind of what I was thinking it had to be, as he has been a bit forward with some of his comments. That's not appropriate at all!

I really like Jennifer too! She seems to be a good fit for the show.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
I'm out. I couldn't even watch the entire second show. I have all the rest on my DVR, but I can't take Steven Tyler. I'll probably start watching again when it's down to 12 or 10 people.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts