Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cat molly, 8 yrs old, gets sick at the same time every year, in the early fall.

Symptoms: Loss of appetite, stares at food and water without eating or drinking, disorientated, poor balance, stops grooming, clear thick mucus dripping from nose, nose turns brown. Usually lasts 2 weeks, with 2-3 really bad days.

Last year it was worse than usual, so we took her to the vet. They predicted her death and did not think that it was allergy related.

We kept her inside this year (she used to go outside sometimes), partially because of a new location (fast road), and to make sure she wasn't getting into anything.

This year when it started again we made sure to feed her extra wet food and encourage water to make sure she was as healthy as possible going into it. But it happened as usual (she never completely stopped eating this year). She has pretty much completely recovered now, but I'd like to prevent this from happening next year.

I've looked online and the symptoms seem to be very different from what most people describe as allergies. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 1 of 1 Posts