Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See a Deluxe 'Catio' Built for Feline Fun

You know those people whom stray animals just seem to find? When it comes to cats, Tom and Liz are those people. At present 16 cats have found their way into their hearts and home. Some are shelter cats once deemed unadoptable, others have wandered onto their property, and a few came from various relatives who could no longer care for them. For this reason we’re withholding their last names and exact location, lest anyone get any ideas about leaving more cats with them. Tom and Liz love to save cats, but they are at their limit.

Pictures and more of thier story in the article! Enjoy...

·
Registered
719 Posts
That's so awesome! Part of me is always interested in seeing these types of projects, but part of me is a little sad, knowing I could never create anything similar for my cats. It looks like a nice hangout for both cats and humans.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your not handy you never know if a friend or partner might be handy and can create you a cateo one day! Keep the faith Tezster. I always love seeing what others create for cateos too!

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is super awesome. I'm always saying how if I win the lotto, I will be opening a cat shelter.. Well, I guess it would help if I actually played the lotto!! :(

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
WOW! What a 'Pawsome' Project!!
I love these kind of posts! The people are so incredible for adopting these cats AND So inspiring with the Catio they designed! :thumbup::thumbup::D

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, but I did this cateo for a client. It had an old closet with a hot water heater and a swamp cooler and air conditioner sitting out there. We put in salito tile and put up a ramada and put iron grids so the cat cant get out. There is a fountain and a cat door out to it.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Sooooo many great ideas!! Now if I could just get the time...:p;)

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I like the "deluxe viewing platform" in the initial post.

Since my atrium is two stories with my 2nd story bedroom window overlooking it, I wonder if I could have someone build a platform like that accessible from the bedroom in an enclosed walkway.

I know enough about myself to know DIY should be DET - Don't Even Try.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Love them but the initial post I think the holes are too big. Looks like a cat could get its head stuck.

Kathy

·
Premium Member
7,860 Posts
That's so awesome! Part of me is always interested in seeing these types of projects, but part of me is a little sad, knowing I could never create anything similar for my cats. It looks like a nice hangout for both cats and humans.
If you think you can do something you probably can. I remember looking at a bunny doll a friend had made and thinking to myself "I could do that!" I was almost 40 before my creative juices started to flow! I used to watch a lot of DIY network TV and Home and Garden TV and got a lot of inspiration. I said all this to say that you should not take a defeatist attitude - one day you could wake up, drag two rotten Adirondack road kill chairs home and before you know it you could be making them to sell!! :patback

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tezster with a little coaching and inspiration its fun to tackle things. You either have an aptitude to do some things or you dont. You dont know until you try. I say go for it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts