Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here uses Bath & Body Works products I would love to hear from you! What are your favorite scents? Favorite types of products?

Our daycare lady's birthday is coming up in a couple weeks. She cares for the kids of 5 other families besides ours and I had the idea to call each of them and see if they would be willing to go in on a gift basket for her from Bath & Body. I was going to suggest that each person chip in $10 and we could get her something real good but I'll take anything they're willing to give.

I just spoke with her teenage daughter who gave me the names of the parents and also told me she uses B&B products but isn't sure what stuff she particularly likes. With her mom there in the house it wasn't like she could go fishing through the bathroom to find out either, without her mom figuring out what's going on. She did say she thinks her mom would use any of it! :lol:

I've only shopped there a couple of times for myself and those were so long ago they probably don't even carry those scents anymore. I'm not much of the "spa" type person but I do like their hand lotions. At one time I had some of their Cucumber Melon things and now I'm using the Coco Cabana-scented lotion.

Are B&B's candles good?, scented oils?

Anyway, gotta run! Thanks in advance for all the info. :p

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ohh what a sweet idea! I <3 Bath and Body works, even more since they added other brands to their shop! My favorite products come from the antibacterial line. I bet that if she takes care of kids, she'll love them too! The foaming soap is great, and so is the hand sanitizer. My favorite scents are fig and brown sugar, sweet pea, coconut and lime, cucumber melon and lemon. They're always coming out with new scents...just try them first. I can't stand any of the cotton or linen scented ones, they're too intense!

Their candles smell a-m-a-z-i-n-g, especially the dessert ones...mmmmm.

They also have a lot of great lip balms and smaller gifts and such...Smith's Rosebud Salve in Strawberry is what I like. And if I remember correctly, they have a big sale around this time? Maybe not for a few weeks. Can you tell I really like shopping? I used to go on a big beginning of summer shopping spree every year! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
I don't use a lot of scented stuff because it makes me sneeze, but I have the Country Apple foaming soap in the kitchen and the moisturizing hand soap in the 1/2 bath. Not over powering and sneeze-free.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Sun-Riped Raspberry and Cucumber Melon are two of my all-time favorites. I absolutely adore their shower gels and love to try new scents.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Moonlight path is my ultimate favorite. Sure I love the rose, tangerine, and cucumber flavors (yes I call them flavors, I'm a little out there!) but moonlight path is so pretty. My mom and I both wear the body spray, have the shampoo and conditoners and have the room fragrances. The smell just makes me feel so pretty and soft. Its not overwhelming and it doesn't make me sneeze at all. Its got lavender, rose and a gentle very faint musk. Try some before you buy them cause if you don't like them then the person you're buying for might not either. I think its a great idea!!!!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gosh! I never expected to read so many ideas. I'm gonna be in that store for an hour just testing things. :lol: So, is it corny to get a variety of scents in different products, like if I were to get a couple of shower gels, a couple different smelling body lotions, and yet a couple different candles, or should I pick 1 scent and go with a variety of products in that scent line?

·
Registered
469 Posts
2kids3cats4me said:
Gosh! I never expected to read so many ideas. I'm gonna be in that store for an hour just testing things. :lol: So, is it corny to get a variety of scents in different products, like if I were to get a couple of shower gels, a couple different smelling body lotions, and yet a couple different candles, or should I pick 1 scent and go with a variety of products in that scent line?
Do whatever you want! I actually kindof like getting a variety of scents, I get bored with the same thing for too long. Whatever you do, I'm sure she will be surprised and very appreciative :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Jo you are so sweet! I bet she will love it no matter what scent you get her. But the good thing is she can exchange it for whatever else she really likes if the scents don't work out with her. They usually exchange stuff without receipt if unused.

A good idea is if you get your own basket & get those 6 for $30 sales or clearance items & just stockpile, mix & match all the goodies you like. It might save you some money & also be more personal.

I love shopping at Bath & Body Works. I will tell you the best one I love there right now. It's Pineapple! I usually don't like the fruit ones because they smell kinda strong & too fruity but pineapple is seasonal right now & the perfect lotion! It's slightly sweet when you put it on, not strong at all & after a few hours when you smell your skin, it's not too overly fragrant & smells light & good. I never really buy 2 of the same scents especially since they have so many but Pineapple is great! I think this is a scent everyone can wear.

Another favorite of mine is the Japanese Cherry Blossom. That is a hot seller there & even my bf will use it when he needs lotion lol. The smell is a bit more stronger & distinct but it smells really good to me. I love the new spray lotion they have too. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I'm so incredibly picky about fragrances, I would get her a gift certificate. I know some people frown upon them, but I LOVE getting them. You can pick all your favorite scents and products, and it's all free! :D

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I like to buy presents also, but I think Marie is right. I just don't use scents unless they really appeal to me. There are so many choices that the gift card is probably the best choice. You'll know she will get exactly what she wants. :)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I love getting giftcards most of the time too but sometimes I do appreciate the actual handpicked presents. Honestly, I'm really easy to please. Just the thought & it's already so much in my eyes :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts