Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started feeding my cat that new LiveClear cat food that reduces cat dander, and my cat began having seizures. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
Stanley (aka lanky teenager) Alfie (aka terror of the house) Smudge (aka first of many, RIP)
147 Posts
Oh no! Haven't experienced this, nor do I feed LiveClear. How long has your cat been on this food?

Personally, I find this food a little suspicious. Saliva is made up of the chemicals that we require to break down our food. IMO, neutralizing even part of those chemicals must in some way affect the animal's ability to break down certain ingredients in its food. I'm not a nutritionist, and of course can't prove anything, just my opinion. But is it possible that your cat's health issues are being caused by its sudden inability to digest its food? I'd say there is definitely a chance.

Either way, I think running some diagnostic bloods with your vet is a good idea, to try and determine what imbalance caused the seizures, if it is even the food at all! Hope your cat is ok, and best of luck.

·
Registered
822 Posts
First......take your cat to the vet, if you have not done so already.

Seizures can be caused by many things. You need a vet to diagnose what is going on ASAP.

Second..........Stop feeding that food. It may or may not be the cause, but it won't hurt to stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts