Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Has anyone purchased those new self-cleaning liter boxes? I wanted to know how well do they work before I make the investment. I know petco.com has them for $189.

meow
[/img]

·
Registered
656 Posts
I dont have one, I always have thought it would be a good idea though! I thought I have seen them for less than 189.00. I think walmart might have them for around 40.00. I dont know for sure, because I have never really priced them.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I have the Littermaid and it works really well! I would definitely recommend it, it helps out a lot! You still have to sometimes scoop though but I can't live without a Littermaid :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I read that those new automated boxes at Petco are no good and a waste of money.... most ppl end up returning them.

Go to http://www.litterbox-central.com/forum/ ... bdc2718f83 to read the reviews about the box you mentioned... I think it's under General Discussion, but not sure... just search through the reviews.

I still say the Litter Robot is the best automated box, and worth every penny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me either, but I'm thankful to whoever did create the litter box forum... because thanks to their reviews, it saved me alot of money on buying useless litter boxes... and helped me find the best automated box ever invented! :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just returned my littermaid to Target a few days ago. It was $89 (regular price was $99) for the Littermaid Plus.

I hated it & Cody still pooped on the floor a few times with it. I solved the pooping problem by getting a bigger littermaid and moving it to a different spot.

The littermaid was a disgusting mess. Clumps would often stick to the rake, and when it cleaned itself, it would shoot litter & clumps all over the place. Removing the waste container was very messy and usually spilled a lot of dirt stuck to the edges. There was always a whole pile of litter under it.

I find it easier & less messy to scoop a regular litter box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts