Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so sorry to hear that Senator Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor. I understand that with aggressive treatment he might have up to two years, but possibly only 6-8 months. Considering the wealth in the Kennedy family, I don't think they could have been more concerned with the needs of the average families, the poor, and the elderly. I pray that God will bless him with some fulfilling time with his family and friends. I am grateful for his 50 years of service to the country. God bless him and his family.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
That whole family has given so much to our nation. He has a the most aggressive form of brain cancer, poor man. I too hope that he has some special time with his family, and that he can spend his remaining time pain free and with dignity.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes, I was very sad to hear of this, it has certainly been reported on the UK news.

His three older brothers had their lives cut short: the oldest (who I think was called Joseph after their father but I'm probably wrong) dying in the war, then JFK and RFK. At least Senator Kennedy has lived a longer life and accomplished so much.

His family must be going through what we did recently as while Justine and I were in Australia in March my father was diagnosed with lung and spinal cancer, and passed away within a few weeks of our return, on April 9th - barely 40 days after he was told.

Typically he didn't reveal his condition to us in our e-mails while we were away.

He was a similar age to Senator Kennedy - and decided not to have aggressive treatment which would sadly only prolong the inevitable. Whether Senator Kennedy makes that decision against debilitating treatment is a difficult question for him.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Alex, what a sad story about your father getting sick while you were out of the country. It's like he was waiting for you to get back before passing away.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When a family member goes quickly it's very hard on the family, so I know that must have been very hard on you, Alex I'm sure you were grateful that your father did not suffer too long. Nevertheless, it's so hard to lose a parent. :( God bless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts