Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dearest Mochie-cat.....4 long weeks without you!
It is a beautiful sunny day today, not even that cold. Are you plopped down at your favourite patch of grass, happily munching away? Are you waiting at the edge of the rainbow bridge to catch glimpses of your humans? Have you met some friends up there? Do you share stories about me with Berz and Spooky? Does someone cuddle you at night? Do you miss us too?

I miss hugging you and cuddling you...I miss your purrs and love bites....I miss the red marks on my arm from you treading me...I miss hearing you thump thump around the house behind me...I miss you very much in all ways....

I know you sneak back here from time to time; thank you for that! ...and I know when you and I are both ready, you will help me find a new fur-baby to love....but know you will ALWAYS be my Forever Baby....my favourite Pokie-cat. I love you Mocha!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
So so hard, I am sending you cyber hugs, right there with you, it's been one hard week here without my Teddy baby...

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Mocha's Mommy, What a BEAUTIFUL Tribute to Mocha...
(((HUGS))) ♡♡♡

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
This is such a sweet note, it made me cry too. I just lost one of my boys 2 months ago, but some days it feels like it was yesterday. My heart goes out to you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you everyone for sharing my grief ~ all of our grief together ~ and for all the hugs. I have shed so many tears these last 28 days, not a day goes by that I haven't cried for her.

I have been very fortunate not to have lost anyone really close to me since my Grandfather in 1978. When I lost Berz, my childhood cat, in 1987, it hurt...but I had already had 2.5 years away from him when I moved for university. Spooky was an outdoor only, feral cat who only liked me. Mocha came into my life when my own children were teenagers...so she became my baby. My son and his fiance had a photo-blanket made for me for Christmas...."Mocha" sits at the end of my bed.

I really appreciate being able to share my grief with others who understand how much a pet can mean to you and how difficult it is to lose that fur-baby! Thank you all so much! ((((hugs))))

:heart

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
She was a gorgeous cat! What lovely markings, reminds me of my long gone Sydney.
Glad you have that photo blanket, really nice idea!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been staying away from this area of the forum because I knew I would be in tears after reading it. It is so sad because they really do give so much to us. Losing a pet is like losing a dear friend. I know they appreciate sharing this life with us. Take care everyday.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
oh, mochas mommy! we saw that same rainbow over seattle yesterday and also took a picture of it! it was a sign to us ALL that our babies really are waiting for us at the rainbow bridge. :angel (not that i want to jinx myself - OK i'm doing it, anyway - but i am so eager to see our babies again all young and healthy and happy)

and that was so thoughtful of your son and fiance to make that blanket for you. and oh my gosh, mocha looks like such a big hunk of pure love! gorgeous gorgeous kitty.

i want to thank you as well for your incredibly comforting words to me and my hubby chuck72 for our loss of lucy on new year's day. i am so grateful to everyone on this forum for holding our hands in our time of grief. i hope we all provide that same comfort to you. none of us are alone in experiencing the heartache, and reminders that we gave our fur kids so much love while they were in this world are so helpful. and you definitely gave mocha several lifetimes worth of love.

and i do believe when our kitties at the rainbow bridge do finally think about taking a break from all their play (i mean, who can blame them for having a good time up there, right?):eek:rcat, they will lead us to the next feline soul who needs us as much as we need them, and they will help heal our hearts over time.

hugs and kisses to you mochas mommy!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Maggie23....I am so happy to hear that Lucy sent you a rainbow already! Mocha's was a beautiful one and I find looking at the picture to be healing.... I am sure you can relate! I was so stricken when chuck72 posted about Lucy as her symptoms sounded exactly like Mocha's and I knew if that were so, it would not be easy or pleasant for Lucy or you both to go through. Those last hours are the hardest and I don't wish that upon anyone.

Mocha was an enormously loving cat and very attached to me. She always slept cuddled in my arm at night, she sat in the window waiting for me to come home from work to race and greet me, she'd howl as I took a shower then rub herself all over my legs when I got out to help dry me off (or to take a lazy-cat's-bath). My son said she pouted majorly when I went on a trip and would make Garfield look like a nice cat! She literally was my baby. I am sure she is at that bridge racing around in the grass. She rarely went outside here and is probably glaring down at me wondering why we always told her it was dangerous outside!

I am sure she is up there with Lucy and Teddy racing around figuring things out! ((((hugs to everyone))))) Thanks for sharing our grief with us...hopefully some day soon you will be able to share out excitement and joy as we welcome a new fur-baby into our lives!

·
Registered
893 Posts
:sniff sniff:

We know exactly what you mean.
I still feel that way about my two I had to say goodbye to in 2012. Miss miss every day...Miss miss everything about them....

:sniff sniff:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Missing you....and the large piece of my heart you took with you. :luv

It has been 5 long weeks - 35 very long days and extremely long nights - since I held you in my arms. My heart cries out for you. My tears rain down every day. I would do anything to have you back again.....
My beloved Mocha!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Gentle hugs to you, it has been two weeks here and I'm still shattered...
Sending you love and light, may those tears that fall heal your heart someday

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
hang in there, mocha's mommy and speechie! keep imagining your babies romping around all healthy and whole again and waiting for you at the rainbow bridge. they will be waiting for you with open paws when the time comes. our love for all our babies will never die. :love2

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dearest Mocha,
It's been 6 long weeks now and I am slowly coming to accept living with your spirit. I do tremendously miss cuddling you and playing with you. I know you have been visiting often; I can smell your scent stronger in our room at different times, usually your favourite "Mommy-loving-times". I know you cuddled me last night...I felt your little love-bite this morning and almost expected to see you sitting there beside me when I opened my eyes. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a cat heart with your name...

I hope you are having fun at the Bridge too and making lots of new friends. I know you are very loving and hope you are helping all the other kitties transition to the Rainbow Life. Please keep visiting and hopefully I will learn to see you as well as feel you.

I will love you always and forever...

Your Forever Mommy!

The moment that you died
my heart was torn in two
one side filled with heartache,
the other died with you!

I often lie awake at night,
when the world is fast asleep, and
take a walk down memory lane,
with tears upon my cheeks.

Remembering you is easy,
I do it every day,
but missing you is heartache
that never goes away.

I hold you tightly within my heart
and there you will remain.
Until the joyous day arrives,
That we will meet again!

(Thanks for this forum so I can "talk" to my Mocha! If it is okay, I'd love to use this thread just to keep her "alive" for me...I really don't have that outlet in real life...not a lot of understanding. No need to reply...for now, I just feel better when I do this, rather than talk to her spirit and get "looks".)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Mocha's Mommy, you keep posting and talking to Mocha' for as long as you want.

It's been over a year for the 2 I had to set free to the Bridge, and I talk to them all the time...

We all understand... :)
Hugs....

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Mocha's Mommy, you keep posting and talking to Mocha' for as long as you want.

We all understand... :)
Hugs....
^^^
This.
I know, it is so hard, this is a safe place to feel and express what you need to...
Here thinking of you and mocha, hoping she is grooming my sweet kitty

1 - 20 of 74 Posts