Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my cat is around 15 years old and has recently been urinating in random parts of the house, mainly on rugs or carpet in the corner of rooms. She has never done anything like this before. She has no other symptoms, but does have hypothyroidism and has been on medication for that. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Matt :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi

I would definitely call your vet. She may have an urinary tract infection or possibly something else. It is a sign that she is not feeling well. Please take your kitty to the vet. Good luck and let me know what happens.

Liza

·
Registered
761 Posts
Take you cat to your veterinarian to make sure he hasn't any problems. Several diseases or infections can cause excessive urination. If there aren't any medical problems, then the urination might be a behavioral problem. Your cat may be marking his territory. He may also have some problem with the litterbox you're using such as the type, amount, or cleanliness of the litter. Sudden changes or stress related factors such as introducing a new pet to the household, or moving can cause a cat to stop using his/her litterbox, as well. Good luck! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts