Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat is a senior, she recently has been having multiple issues that started occurring with her old age. I live with a roommate so I have to keep everything that is hers in my room (litter box, food, water) but she is allowed to go outside whenever she wants and we have a big yard. Her litter box is the main issue. I’ve bought her about 5-10 different litter boxes and I still have the problem where she is pooping inside but when it comes to peeing, she only puts one leg in and pees outside. The litter box is extremely big and I got it because of this reason so its not because it’s too big. I’ve tried many types of litter and I only go for the pine pellets now because everything else seems to track. I use pee pads around the box but she still soaks through my carpet and leaves a smell. I’ve tried putting up her food and water every night and limiting how much water I give her because she pees so much at night. Putting up food at night is doing good but she will cry all night if she doesn’t have water. She also needs my bedroom door open at all times which is fine in the day but at night I like it closed considering I live with a roommate and need my privacy. Keeping it closed also makes her cry until it is open and she will open it herself. I am running out of ways to make this workout. She is a senior so I am trying to accommodate that but I am constantly cleaning up her litter box area from the moment I get up, all throughout the day and throughout the night because of the peeing. If I can get any advice or ideas on how to deal with this that would be great, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
A senior cat that is drinking a lot and peeing a lot, loosing weight may be having kidney issues, so should be checked out by a vet. Kidney issues may or may not be helped, probably depending on age of cat.. It's a problem with many senior cats. One of my cats, 16 y.o. Zuba is having those issues. I've just started Zuba on an organic medication suggested by one of Cat Forum's participants that has had good success called "Kidney Support Gold" by petwellbeing.com. Hope to give a positive update in a month or so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts