Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I feel like I'm constantly bringing this up, but please bear with me...

LittleGray: Does your cat drink a lot of water? More than normal? How much is he peeing? Is it a lot? More than normal?

The vomiting, pooing, and weight loss sound just like what Sabby was doing before he was diagnosed with diabetes. Along with that, he was drinking an abnormal amount of water. Like a gallon a day. And he was peeing a lot too. I use clumping litter and he would soak a whole box of it daily. It was his way of trying to get the sugar out of his system. His appetite was fairly normal. If anything, he wanted *more* food, but that wasn't unusual; he's always been a glutton. By the time I got him to the vet he had lost seven pounds. His skin was just hanging on bone.

Please get your cat to the vet and have him tested. If it turns out to be diabetes, don't panic. There is a lot of help available. Please let us know how it turns out.

Sabby is currently happy and healthy. It's a little extra work, but it's worth it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.