Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lifelong kitty (Pete) needs me..how can I keep him from losing weight, seemingly healthy.. he eats his fav Origin beef and a quality wet food but just not enough to maintain his weight (usual weight was 10 lbs and he's now down to 8.3)
Q, is there a super rich food that will help since he's eating less like kitten food or human baby food?

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
He needs to see a vet as soon as possible, he could have a serious underlying issue.

·
Registered
158 Posts
He should see a Vet as he could have a underlying thyroid or other issue common amongst elderly cats.
I always say better to err on the side of caution with our furry family.. and get them checked out . :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just an update..vets charge $500 for blood tests near me and that what they need to determine a full diagnosis. folks, I can't afford this especially during this crisis ( I live in washington state)

Pete is 19yo and is on the tale end on his wonderful life but other then losing weight he seems happy and healthy..I need to *try anything and put weight on him! since he eats small amounts a few times perday. He eats origin red and canned wet catfood

your my goto goto group so I need suggestions on some super rich foods.. Pete and myself will be forever grateful

thanks all

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
You could give him Nutri-Cal, my girls loved it. Or Miracle Vet High Calorie Weight Gainer for Dogs and Cats. Both are available on Amazon, the Nutri-Cal is also available at Petsmart and Petco, maybe even grocery stores.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent Marie..some rich additives that'll increase his calorie intake, I'll check petco first which is still open thankfully. It amazing how close we are or become to our pets under these circumstances..thats a good thing :)

mucho thx

·
Super Moderator
26,433 Posts
I hope it helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts