Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to let this day go by without asking for prayer for the families and friends left behind by this cruel tragedy. The tears will never stop for those who have lost loved ones, but I pray that they know they have the thoughts and prayers of their fellow citizens, and that we will not give up until all those responsible are captured and imprisoned, and that we will do our best to prevent a repeat of that terrible day. God bless them.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I know I'm not American but I just want to say that the people affected by Spetember 11th are also in our hearts over the water.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
The tragedy hasn't been far from my mind all day. Seems impossible that it has been three years ago already.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Jeanie, as the chaplain was offering prayer at the opening of the Highland Games, he specifically addressed those left behind after that senseless morning. I was moved, deeply, by his prayers

It suddenly reminded me of the freedoms that I was enjoying on such a beautiful day and how blessed I truly am.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Although it was a bit off-timed, at the Purdue football game today they had a military flyover in honor of those that were lost.

Also, all fans were asked to wear Red, White and Blue and they kept the flag at half mast.

It took all my strength not to cry (again).

·
Registered
637 Posts
I think everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing. It was a tragedy that brought us closer and made us realize how vulnerable we are to terrorism here in the U.S.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by 9/11 and I hope that peace may abound to those left in the wake of the tragedy. I hope that what Bin Laden meant for evil and terror that God has turned around for good in small and big ways.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I was at a wedding all day on September... but I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.

I remember being in the sun room - watching tv before I went to class - and turned to a chanel - I thought it was a show at first - until I realized where it was...

The thing I remember most was watching on the news... a mother and daughter(s) trying to find their daddy. I think one of the girls said something along the lines of "I just want to find daddy and our pets." The story finished with them finally meeting - with lots of smiles and daddy with animal crates in his hands.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had turned on the Today show in time to hear about the second tower being hit, and about the missing plane heading towards Pittsburgh. I got on the phone immediately and called my daughter to tell her to get out of there immediately. The boss had already excused the entire staff, because it seemed logical that the plane was going to hit the tallest skyscraper, which was very close to their building. She headed for the bus stop, but a friend gave her a ride home.

While I was speaking to her, the plane had gone past Pittsburgh (over Pittsburgh) and had turned east. It crashed about 40 miles from my home, in the next county, Shanksville, Somerset County. I'll won't forget that morning, not ever.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I consider the attacks not just against the United States but against humankind in general.
It was a terrible thing to happen and like Jeanie said we must do our best not to let it happen again
My thoughts are with the families and friends of those who suffered this horrible injustice to say the least. Peace be with them

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I was in a drawing class in college. It was already a tough day b/c my best friend and her dad were leaving to travel to Ephrata, Pennsylvania where her mom and stepdad had been brutally murdered.

Trying to concentrate on my work, two girls came back into the studio arm in arm, laughing about how a plane had just hit the World Trade Center and that they think it might be terrorists. Imagine trying to process the tragedy of what was happening with the confusion of why these girls seemed to think it was such a fun event.

I walked out of the classroom and straight to my boyfriend's apt which was 3 blocks away. I spent the remainder of the day with him and his roommates.

As much as I hate it, I forced myself to sit and watch coverage on it for awhile on Saturday. I figured that besides prayer, it was the least I could do to honor those lost.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trying to concentrate on my work, two girls came back into the studio arm in arm, laughing about how a plane had just hit the World Trade Center and that they think it might be terrorists
Tina, I don't know how you contained yourself. I don't know if I could have had that much self control. However, I imagine girls like that would have just answered, "whatever!" I watched the events on Saturday also.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was quite happy to miss the coverage Saturday and instead attend a wedding. Nothing like the joyous beginnings of a new life together to remind us all that it is living that matters and that we cannot allow ourselves to be consumed by the past.

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And wouldn't it be wonderful if terrorism were part of the past, instead of the present? I didn't mean to be morbid. I think we should remember this day to honor the lost, as we honor those who died at Pearl Harbor. I think that one day of remembrance is a far cry from obsession. If I had a wedding to attend, I would also have gone.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Someone had posted this on another List. I thought it was so elequant. It was at ground zero right afterwards.

the attached paper read:

"The lochs and glens of Scotland.... the cities and villages...
the Highlands, Lowlands, and Islands...
echo with expressions of sympathy and disbelief
for the catastrophe that has befallen the United States.

May the love and support of the people of Scotland
be of solace to you in your hour of need."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts