Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted about Shadow at another forum (horse) and thought the progression of photos I used of her were amusing, so...here she is:

I like fostering orphaned litters and taming ferals. I know I make a difference in their lives. I get them when they are their cutest (kittens) and know I have helped to make them a cat someone can love all their life when they get adopted. I've only had one not make it through the adoption process, she was just too scared at the adoption center and stayed huddled at the back of the cage. When I went to pick her up at the end of the weekend, she rushed to the front of the cage, meowing and sticking her paws through the bars reaching for me when she heard my voice.
The volunteer said that was the ONLY time she heard her or saw her move the whole weekend.
Shadow came home with me and here she has stayed. I think that was the summer of 2003.

Here is shadow:

Letting the orphaned litter nurse:

Another pic:

I'm seeing a pattern, here...

Here she is!

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
She's beautiful. :luv

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OwnedByACat said:
OMGosh, they are all great! I love how the pictures show her personality!
:lol: I thought they were hilarious because you can't SEE her! It is like she was a celebrity in her former life and became a master at avoiding the paparazzi!

She is just the sweetest kitty; she loves it when I speak Spanish to her: Mi Pluma!, Mi gata de amor!, La gata a mi corazon, Sombra and Negra Loca. She bounces around when she is playful, she waves her tail, gives me high-5's and will flop over backwards in my arms, trusting (and expecting) me to catch her in a baby-cradle-hold to snuggle with her. And she snores when she sleeps.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Shadow is so gorgeous! That long mane makes her look very exotic and wild. What a beauty.

I didn't know the story about how you came to have her. What a huge difference in her, and I bet it made you feel great to see the transition. And she let kittens nurse? Wow, what a trooper.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Oh, I just LOVE those photos, especially the first one with her eyes peeking out of the 'shadows'. And the one of her feet, straight up... that is hilarious! What is she stuck in anyway. Beautiful girl!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Debbie of SD said:
And the one of her feet, straight up... that is hilarious! What is she stuck in anyway. Beautiful girl!
It is a "cube" just like the one she is Cheshire Catting in the first pic, it is just folded in half to be a bed with sides instead of in the cube shape.

The pic of her with the 5 kittens...they were orphaned at 9 days old, their feral mother was killed in the road in front of my house. It took me 2 days to find those babies, so they were 11 days old in that pic. Shadow had a litter of 5 who were about 3 weeks old. She let those babies nurse for comfort and I spent about 3 days using her several times a day to nurse the orphans and I would take them off her one-at-a-time and give them each a bottle feeding. She would let them nurse, but she showed no interest in caring for them at all. After the 3 days they were all on the bottle just fine and I didn't need to ask her to continue nursing the orphaned litter because I was able to take over everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts