Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Do you have troubke with nail splitting when you use these? Seems like I split at least one nail when I do the kitties' pedicures.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I LOVE those clippers. My old vet used them in their office and I saw how well they worked. They are very sharp and do not crush the nail like the guilotine style ones. I think the small scissor style ones they sell for cats suck. They never seem sharp enough.

They only issue I have with the miller forge ones are that they have a nail stopper thing that can get in the way when trying to clip cat nails. They are great for cats but work even better for dogs. You have a lot of control with them.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That's the one I have, too. My only complaint is that the little thing that keeps the clippers closed when not in use tends to flop up while I'm trying to use it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My solutions to the problems listed were to use some duck tape to tape down the thing that keeps the scissors closed along with the handle covers, they have a tendency to slide off. And to bend the guard down a bit and then turn it so it pinches against one of the handles and is out of the way.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
I've always just unscrewed the bolt (or is it the nut?) and taken off the nail guard then put it back together. I also super glue the part that keeps them shut to avoid it getting in the way... then when I'm done I wonder why I can't get the trimmers to close so I can put them away :roll:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've always just used people clippers, but for some reason I bought a pair of the giullotine (sic) style ones with the fancy ergonomic grip and such and haven't been real comfortable with them, which adds to the stress for the kitties. I hacked up mill cat's dew claw pretty bad last time, I may just go back to people clippers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OsnobunnieO said:
I've always just unscrewed the bolt (or is it the nut?) and taken off the nail guard then put it back together. I also super glue the part that keeps them shut to avoid it getting in the way... then when I'm done I wonder why I can't get the trimmers to close so I can put them away :roll:
The guard isn't removable on these, but if you're so inclined, super gluing the part that keeps them shut is possible.

I think these type of clippers work better on cats because the cutting surface in circular so the nail kind of gets cut from all angles.

·
Super Moderator
26,387 Posts
I've always used people clippers, but I bought some "cat" ones the other day. My people clippers have suspiciously disappeared. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts