Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny leaving the house this morning I had no idea I'd be coming home with a bald head. lol My best pal who is also a co-worker was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. Nicole's had one breast removed and her first chemo treatment was two weeks ago. She's a sweet, gorgeous girl with long blonde hair. She's also a ballroom dancer so her hair was part of the costumn. The first time her hair was cut short she cried, now it's coming out by the handfuls. Well this morning she comes to my desk and tells me that she has to get her head shaved down. So I said **** I'll shave mine too. So in a show of solidarity I had the hairdresser shave me first. It was myself, Nicole and another pal. After that we went for lunch and the three of us sat and laughed at one another. Nicole gets her second treatment this friday. This is just the beginning for her. She may need to have her other breast removed based on some genetic testing. Nicole is only 35. We work in a small office and have been together for quite some time so we're like family. Nicole's being sick has affected the whole office. She is my hero, if my turn comes I hope I have her courage.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
your friend is lucky to have such good people around her, I was just thinking about the exersize lady Susan Powters and how she was one of the first I can think of that got a buzz cut, good for you all, and best of wishes for your friend!

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sure she's thankful to have such a good and supportive friend during this rough time. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
That was such a sweet gesture! I'd probably do it, but then again, I already have a short spikey 'do, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for me anyway!

I'd bet you're gonna need some hats now!

dawn

·
Registered
445 Posts
You are so sweet and understanding. Cancer is scary. My Aunt just had her last chemo treatment. I had a neighbor who came down with a brain tumor at about 35 from aspestos in her house, they've since moved. Everyone on the street shaved their head for her and I remember how good it made her feel, better about herself, you know? That's a wonderful thing you did for her.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually me shaving my head has more to do with her than me. She is a wonderful person and over the years has been a very kind and giving friend. A few people have said "oh aren't you a good friend" no, that is not it at all, can you imagine being loved by so many people that someone would actually shave their head for you. She is the good person, not me, shaving my head is nothing compared to what she has given. You truly do reap what you sew. If I croaked tomorrow, someone would have to walk up and down the highway handing out invitations to my funeral. :lol: I have a very small circle of friends.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
reprot said:
She is the good person, not me, shaving my head is nothing compared to what she has given. You truly do reap what you sew.
I agree. :) Although you are a great person, and a great friend, for doing that.

An ex-boyfriend's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and when she was going through her treatment, he and his brother shaved their heads too. I really don't care for him now, but that will always be a nice memory.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You are a really good friend to do that. I actually wanted to share a little something with you. There's a special razor made just for that. I thought maybe you could recommend it to her for while she has to do this. They sell them at Walgreens and my BF Jason swears by them. he says that it make the whole process much easier. And the lotion make keeps the skin healthy.

http://www.headblade.com/default23.htm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts