Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last week one of my girls has taken to leaping at me. When I'm standing at the kitchen sink, she leaps at my back legs. Both my girls used to do this when they were kittens. Using their claws, they'd climb up my back. I assumed they wanted to be held. When I had them declawed, that stopped. Now Lexie has started this again. So, I stop what I'm doing and hold her for a bit. She doesn't growl or hiss at me when she's doing this. So, it doesn't appear to be aggression. She doesn't appear to be displaying any other odd behavior. She was a year old in April.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? What is Lexie trying to tell me?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
She's just trying to tell you that she wants more huggies and she's curious about what you're doing. It's a natural tendency to jump/leap. Some cats love to jump on people - my Mozart loves leaping up on people's backs/shoulders especially when they're bent over. When Pixie was a baby, she would claw her way up my legs, back and shoulders till she reached my head, she liked sitting on top of my head to watch what I was doing. She stopped doing that by herself when she was a little older, and meantime I just clipped her nails so I didn't get so scratched, since I don't believe in declawing.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Superkitties said:
When Pixie was a baby, she would claw her way up my legs, back and shoulders till she reached my head, she liked sitting on top of my head to watch what I was doing.
That really made me smile b/c I am picturing a cat on your head hehehehehe :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts