Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We returned home Monday morning from a 5 day skiing trip. Stephen took the first opportunity to curl up and lie down with me. While I was petting her, she actually started drooling!

Guess she really missed me! It was gross, but really sweet. :p

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen takes care of herself. I did have my best friend stopping by every day, though, to take care of my bearded dragon and the fish tanks, and she checked to make sure Stephen had everything.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm unable to leave my babies for 5 hours, lol, let alone 5 days. I've got some weekend-long conventions in the future though, August and October, so I'm dreading that. Thankfully, my sister will stay home with them the entire time. It's still not the same as I'll miss them so much, and my little guy will miss me. He always does when I go out for even a little while. :cry:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
That is very sweet that she missed you! You will have a very cuddly cat for a while. Velvet gets mad and ignores us when we are gone overnight or a weekend. But she is very affectionate and wouldn't let us out of her sight when we are gone for a week. I think she is afraid we aren't coming back when we are gone for too long. :( We have people coming in feeding, water and doing litter box duties, but it isn't the same for her. She is a definate two person cat!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Like MrPurryMotors said, I have a difficult time leaving my cats for 5 hours, not to mention 5 days :? . The last time I was away from them all day, was back in July when I went to Kansas City to purchase a communications reciever. I remember when walking through the front door, Tiger, my lynx-point Siamese, had a strange look on her face, as though she was worried about me. Even today when ever I get ready to volunteer at our local animal shelter, there are about 7 of my furkids who always know when I am leaving them (at least for 2 hours). That they come around me and begin to meow, both types, my 4 Siamese-mix and some of my other DSH cats. :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
I left my cats for 4 days while up in the highlands seeing Ians family, his brother who lives near us popped in to top up food etc. But I missed them terribly and couldn'e wait to get home

·
Registered
148 Posts
When i went away for four days, i really missed my cat. When i got home she wasnt all pleased to see me!! :shock: I was expecting her to be really happy. She just sat in her usual spot. When i went and stroked her she didnt purr or anything, she just had a grumpy look on her face as if to say "where have you been!" But she was fine the next day. Even though it was only for four days, she must have been a little angry at me and thought i had gone.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wayne-
Do you live close to Kansas City? I'd be curious to know if anyone lived remotely in this part of the U.S.!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We got our cats in winter so we didn't go on any trips. We usually like to go for small trips in summer.

My parents in law live around 80-100km from us. When we go there, we take the cats with us and stay overnight (during the weekend). I want them to get used to their place so we can leave them their in case we wanna travel in summer. So far, they loved it there, especially the stairs!!! (they live in a house). They would run up and down like crazy!!! We live in an apartment with no stairs. :( Hopefully one day we will buy a house so the cats have more space and fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts