Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know that this is the shedding season, but I am going CRAZY.... both with allergies AND having fur absolutely everywhere!!! IS there any possible way to make this a little easier??? I feed Maya quality food, Wellness wet with a little dry, and brush her almost every day.... but it just seems endless.... as though no matter how many times I brush her, there's just more coming off. I brushed her just now, and had to clean the brush out TEN times in between, yet the minute I touched her afterward, there was still fur flying everywhere. My apartment is tiny, so basically every square inch is now blanketed in fur, not to mention every square inch of my clothing... :? Does anyone have any remedies that have worked for this sort of thing??? Either to help her shed less, or more quickly, or to at least get the fur off of everything? It doesn't even all come off in the laundry, and I use a sticky-roller on everything but that barely scratches the surface. Please help us!! :shock:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Is she a long-haired cat? I shave all 4 of my long-hairs every spring. (It's coming right up on time, too--although it was snowing yesterday so maybe I'd better wait just a little bit!) Check with your vet for a good cat groomer. Mine all LOVE it without all that fur, and I love not having to wade through all those furry dust-bunnies on the floor!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no, she's short-hair... and she's smoke coloring, so her fur shows up white on black clothes, and black on white clothes!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
A girl at the pet store said something about some vitamins that will supposedly decrease or even supress shedding, but its really pricey.
I asked the animal health worker at the shelter, and she said that she's never heard of any such product. Is there anything like that out there?

I'm considering shaving her, then giving her a bath, to keep peace with the wifey concerning the hair mess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts