Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Squeek has learned that when the garage door opens, someone is coming home and greets us inside the door from the garage to the house. Hubby was home today when I went out for awhile. Squeek was asleep near him in the office. As soon as I opened the garage door upon coming home, she ran downstairs to the hallway inside the the door to the garage. Hubby followed her down to watch...When I closed to garage door again, she moved closer to the door in anticipation. Then I open the door and she squeaks her greeting and out she runs!

Not sure if Lickorish has made the connection with the garage door sound or if she just doesn't care about it much. she doesn't do anything different when we come home.

Now we need to be careful the garage door is all the way down before she gets out into the garage. both kitties love to go sniffing around out there and its hard to get them back in the house.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Both my cats are at the door to the garage waiting for me, no matter what time. Day or night. If I spend to much time in the garage before I come in I can hear them screaming.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Harli is usually watching for me from the window next to the front door when I pull in the driveway and is at the door coming in from the gaarge when I come in. Luckily she hasn't expressed any interent in going out into the garage.

Lily has usually been sleeping upstairs at that time & most of the time runs down the stairs into the dining doom, but she's not at the door like Harli.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah mine come running when they hear me get home and make their "happy noises" and rub on me.

More problematic is that one of mine has learned to open doors (anything with a button or a screen door or slide door. actually it's amusing trying to watch her turn handles on the big wooden ones but she fails on those ones) 2 months ago and the other 2 have started copying her *sigh*. I'm going to have to re-cat-proof the house again soon...

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Kjs, my former cat, Sophie, used to be able to open doors. She would let herself out into the garage all the time (the door doesn't always close securely) so she could sleep on top of the car hood -or inside the car if the windows were down. Several cupboard doors too. You might need some of the childproof "locks".

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
I'm not sure if it was the time of day but when she was alive Samantha would always be at the kitchen table watching for her Papa, I got the where I look for her when I pulled into the driveway, as I'd walk up to the front door she'd disappear and I'd hear her cheerful greeting as I'd open the door.
My cares would vanish as I'd spend some time with my special friend.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sherbert would always be in the window by the front door when I got home, when i approached the door, he would vanish from his spot and greet me at the door. I always looked for him when I got home from work. What was funny is I walked home and he still knew when to watch for me. and I worked varying shifts. I think he just watched me leave for work and stayed there til I got back.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Both mine react to the sound of the garage door opener.....neat, isn't it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts