Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally that. I keep getting shocked (tiny but slightly painful) when I pet either of my kittens.

Any idea how to prevent/stop these shocks?

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
get a humidfier.. most likely your rooms are very dry this time of year depending on what type of heating you have..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
get a humidfier.. most likely your rooms are very dry this time of year depending on what type of heating you have..
Well, I am the only one who gets the shocks though? My partner never gets them even while in the same room.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I understand your pain...literally.
I live in Utah, and the air is DRY in winter. So dry, in fact, that I was 'wrestling' a cat on a fiberglass table today to get it's shots done, and every time it moved, little zaps kept jumping into my fingers and hands.
"Ricky, sit still!" didn't do much good. He wanted to get down and play, not sit there and be needle-poked >_<
But it was worth it...whole reason for the shots, is he was getting adopted ^_^

·
Registered
594 Posts
Well, I am the only one who gets the shocks though? My partner never gets them even while in the same room.
besides whats already been noted, it could also be your footwear.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I get little shocks from mine too, depending what they are laying on. I have one of those soft (fleece I think) kitty beds. Penny tends to give me a little shock when I pet her.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Oh yes, fleece is horrible, as it's made of poly and acrylic material

I have heard that natural fibers such as cotton and wool aren't supposed to conduct as much static... I dunno, my 100% wool blanket (warm but scratchy!) sparks up all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts