Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat peed on my shoe.

I'm 99.9% positive it was Gizmo. He took to the habit of peeing in the middle of our bed as well. I bought nature's miracle recently. I didn't use it on the bed because the pee didn't penetrate through the blankets and we washed those immediately, but I pretty much soaked my shoe in the stuff and left it out to dry. Gizmo hasn't peed on the bed for a while *knock on wood*. I guess I should consider putting an extra litter box somewhere upstairs ...

But why would he pee on my shoe?

Gizmo loves me unconditionally. My bf is often jealous at the attention I get from my cat! He thinks that Gizmo peed on my shoe to "mark his territory" ... I think so too.

I heard that cats will pee on their owner's stuff when they're mad at them but Gizmo has no call to be mad at me.

So is he "marking his territory" (me) or is it something else?

Also (pertaining to cats and shoes) Gizmo decided that my foamy (2 week new) Guess sandals were a perfect toy for him. $40 down the drain ... I've now learned to keep my shoes in a place he can't get to. Oddly enough, he never touches my bf's shoes.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, the shoe he peed on was Guess as well. Maybe he just has an objection to Guess! :D

Do I have a shoe fetish kitty? :p :shock: haha.

Any input would be great. :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is Gizmo fixed?

The reason I ask is because this is the main reason I know of for cats to go outside the litter box. Another reason could be a UTI.

I am not really sure if they go to mark their territory...unless they arent fixed. Sorry I cant be of more help. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gizmo could be marking his territory even if he is fixed. Some male cats still do it I believe. :) My male cat is fascinated with my shoes as well but he hasn't done that to them yet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts