Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I'm feeding my approximately 8 month old cat who weighs 7-8 lbs 1.12 oz of liver and kidney, 28 oz of muscle meat and like 3 oz of bone per week. He's still not gaining weight. He looks thin. He isn't growing much but his brother is. His brother is about 9 pounds now. I want him to be about 10 pounds but he's not gaining at all. So I'm thinking about increasing his muscle meat intake to 3 oz per meal. Right now I'm doing 2 oz muscle meat per meal. I have heard that 8 pounds is just about right for an 8 month old cat but he still looks skinny to me. His ribs are not visible but he still is skinny. Besides, he finishes all his meals and is hungry quite often. I have only been feeding him two meals a day and I think that's not enough. When he was getting canned he was eating 6 or 7 oz per day and getting meals throughout the day. I feel like if he wants to keep eating then I should give him more. So should I up the muscle meat intake to 3 oz per meal? Which would meat 6 oz muscle meat per day and then the 1.12 oz of organ and kidney throughout the weak and then the bones which I give him two quails per week.

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
Just feed a little more overall. Weigh every 2 weeks. If he's not gaining, feed more. If he gets to a good weight, then keeps gaining, feed less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts