Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see some flea dirt on him but his coat is too fluffy so I cant see any fleas, so I am thinking to shave him. Any tips or warnings you want to offer about shaving?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Do you give him regular flea meds? You can also bathe him with dawn dish soap and go through his coat with a flea comb. The flea comb is a very fine comb, and you don't necessarily have to "see" the fleas to comb them out. Simone has very thick plushy medium length fur, and this is what I do with him when he gets fleas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is your remedy for fleas? the meds in the store, he isnt old enough for. Just 10 weeks, he is. I spray him with apple cider vinegar. I am trying to locate brewer's yeast. I am going to give him a bath in lavendar dawn, fleas dont like that either apparently. What do you do about fleas in the house?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I use frontline, so I guess he's probably not old enough for that. For the house, I wash all of the bedding, vacuum the carpet/furniture, and I sprinkle some food grade diatomaceous earth on all the fabric surfaces. Have you been in to see the vet for shots/de-worming yet? The vet may have better suggestions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to find the cheapest vet I can, until I am trying home remedies. The good thing is, it was my mom that brought home the fleas from work, she works with a lady that has some outdoor cats. So she feels guilty and wont grumble too much about the expense. Lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I would try the remedies and vet first; if you do decide to shave, I think a professional groomer should do it. A 10 week old kitten is going to be too small and squirmy for a beginner, and it won't cure the fleas anyways.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would suggest quality flea stuff on him or you can bathe him.
That's what I did once to Catty because I could'nt see any fleas but I tryed that
and alot came out of her fur.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts