Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat's labwork showed early kidney disease in Feb. 2020, and recommended Purina renal diet (he hated it). I decided to find a new vet, not because of the diagnosis, but because she hardly ever touched my cat and always made me drug him (gabapentin) to bring him in. I felt he deserved a better vet. I also tried to change his food too abruptly, and he ate sporadically for next weeks. A new vet gave Eddie a dental while in this condition, and he came out of it worse than ever, hardly ate anything and seemed out of it. Dropped that vet. He got so lethargic I took him to an ER vet clinic. They did new labwork and the vet said she was shocked his labs weren't worse than what she found (also said she never would have authorized a dental on him at that time). All this to say, he suffered so much stress in the space of a month. Found a mobile vet who mentioned using a binder and feeding Eddie regular canned food. She said she would prescribe it, and a product called RenaPlus arrived (a month later, I realized this was NOT a binder, so vet made mistake). Eddie loved the Wellness, but would then seem lethargic and uncomfortable afterwards. Found another vet who has just done new bloodwork. Eddie's BUN went from 39 to 55, and Creatinine from 1.8 mg/dl to 2.9 mg/dl. Phosphorus has always been normal, and still is. I got Epakitin, and am feeding Weruva lowest phosphorus count canned. If his phosphorus levels are fine, should I use the Epakitin (arrived today)? I wanted to give him Wellness Chicken & Herring pate also, and felt I needed to use Epakitin in it. Any advice? Also, I wanted to order a product called "Ultimate Feline Supplement" from Andrew T. Jones website. Any opinions on it, or him? I wish I could take back the past couple of months, so many stressful vet visits.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts