Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm new here....I just signed up for experiences and advice from fellow cat people. I just dropped my cat off at the vet for his first cleaning and extraction, and cried all the way to work (emotional, yes! It doesn't help that I'm 4 months pregnant!). I am soooo worried about him. He's an11yr old Siamese, and the vet thinks he's in fine shape for the surgery...I have been avoiding this for literally years for fear of something goign wrong. Does anyone have experiences to share where things went wonderfully right? That would greatly help get me through this day! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Welcome!

My girls have had dental cleanings and they're fine. In fact, Cleo's going in for another one in two weeks. I worry, too, though.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
my emma cat is getting taken care of today.. many times, many cats, no problems...

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
My girl Franny, on the right in my avatar, had 9 teeth extracted about 18 months ago. She came through like a champ. Still loves dry food too :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
it's in their best interest, so while it is a little scary it will help prevent any infections or problems later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies!! All the tears were for not - he came through the dentistry wonderfully, and has been active (over-active, actually), cuddly and purring all evening (but he's still stoned, poor guy! eyes are so dilated). He had a full cleaning but only needed one extraction. I'll be sure to visit this thread in a couple of years when we need to do this again for him. That is, if I can't establish daily brushing to keep issues at bay. Thanks again for easing my mind :)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
My meezer Sully had a root canal recently, went wonderfully well! No complications! My older Cat thurston is booked for Thursday, I have no worries! He's in good hands! Glad your kitty made it through well! I bet he'll feel like a new cat now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had 3 cats have their teeth cleaned and had teeth removed. They all came through with flying colors and one was 16! Trust your vet if they feel that your cat is healthy enough for dentistry ;)

Mel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts