Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys.

I have a seal-point Siamese who`s approx. a year old and I`m wondering if his rough play habit will ever cease? or what I can do to help it?

As a kitten I never let him play with my hands as toys! but since he we got him at 2 months old whenever it`s the evening play time he`ll start with the toys but then start attacking hands/ankles etc. I try stopping play but he will follow me and just keeps doing it and pouncing at me the only way to stop it maybe times is putting him in another room to cool off but I hate doing that :(

I personally think it`s because he doesn`t have a play mate and I know Siamese are usually paired. I talked with my BF about us getting another Siamese, or at least another cat but he said maybe in the fall-time which is still a ways away.

Another thing is his mother passed when he was 2 weeks old and the breeder sold him to us at approx. 2 months old which I thought was quite young, do you think he just didn`t have time enough to socialize with the other kittens? (3 girls).

Also if/when we do introduce another kitten do you think it`s best to get another Siamese or is another Asian breed (like Bombay) o.k?

Sorry if my questions sound amature but I love my kitty to death I just wish he would stop biting since it hurts! (he doesnt draw blood but I can feel my bones scraping at times). Please don`t think he`s an aggressive cat HE`S NOT! just want to see if we can fix this issue?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
You don't say what type of toys you are using and how you are playing with him. You have to make sure it is a toy that he is very engaged with and that it is interactive - that means that he will still feel like he is playing with you but not have to be biting your hands and feet.

You can't expect him to just play on his own at this age either - some cats will never play on their own anyway, no matter the age. Toys like Da Bird or Neko flies, or any type of wand toys are excellent to tire them out. A laser pointer is usually a bit hit as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello^^ Thank you for your advise Heather and Catasaurus.

Rococo actually has 3 Da Bird type toys ~ including a shiny one thay he goes nuts over but maybe he just becomes bored with this after 10 min or so and I should switch it up a bit. He has so many toys (he`s a spoiled baby :) but I do tend to stick to the same three. He has a battery operated bug that he used to love too but was lost under the curio, maybe I`ll have to do some digging into the land of lost toys:p

I am def. going to get another kitty but I`d just like to her him or her before the fall if at all possible. Do you think a year and a half age gap is too much? I know my parents 2 cats are 4 years apart but they get along well, of course it`s dif. for every cat I am sure, but on average? I am thinking of getting either a different point color Siamese or else a Bombay cat which is still in the Asian breed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts