Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As i mentioned in a post before i brought home two himilyan cats. One is so unbelivable energetic and the other one seems to sleep all the time. It will sleep for four hours and then come out into the living, hop on on its little tower and just rest up there, its two months old so not very old, ever since we brought him home he doesn't like to do anything, he seems very reserve. When his brother comes along they will play but the brother usually ends up picking on him because the brother is more energetic. What i want to know is could this cat be sick? the one that doesn't like to do much. It will eat and drink but it likes to sleep a lot. Is this normal? Should i contact a vet?

also when i go over to pet it, it is alright and likes it, when i put my hand in front of its paw it will start to claw at me as if i was a toy? i dont know if that is anything significant or not but i thought i should add it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A good sign is that your cat is eating and drinking and somewhat active. How is the cats bathroom habits? Do you notice any kind of discharge from the eyes or nose? Sometimes cats are just very very lazy animals. Mine will pretty much do the same thing as yours. Sleep, get up, find some other place to lounge. I would keep an eye on your kitty and see if her lazyness persisits. If she becomes more active, I would think she should be ok. Have the vet give her a thorough exam when you take her in for her first shots.

Schroeder

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am noticing discharge from the eyes, but today he was great, he was more active than ever, i am pretty sure that both are discharing from the eyes, one of them woke up and its one eye was closed i think due to crust that formed around it, so i wiped it off. Should i be concerned about this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sounds like your cats have what is commonly known as a cat cold. I would contact a vet and tell the vet that there is discharge coming from the cats eyes. He will advise you on what you need to do. That would be my advice. Depending on the age of your cat, this may present a problem. You should move this to maybe the emergency forum or ask DrJean her expert professional opinion.

Schroeder

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alrite its gotten really bad, one of the kittens was sleeping and when he finally woke up the amount of puss on his eyes was so bad, he couldn't even open his eyes up. I am going to get some help tommorrow. Is it probably just an eye infection, i've been taking a warm moist cloth and removing the puss, is there anything else i should do????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pretty much all you can do is try to keep the eye clean, which it seems like you are doing. Going to a vet tomorrow will probably yield some antibiotics which will clear up the infection in no time. Nice to see that you are keeping such a close eye on your new "kids".

Schroeder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts