Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new the forum. I have a 5-6 year old cat. It's sick for reason's i don't know. The cat sways as it trys to walk. It is also having a hard time swallowing food. The cat has very little energy and sleeps all day. This started about 2 days ago. Although she did get better and the swaying stopped it's back again. The cat may also have diarrea, it sits seemingly sad by itself. I'm worried about how to make my cat feel better. If anyone can give me any suggestions on how to make it feel better please reply. Weather to give it lots of water, food, medicine of some kind, peptobismol, anysuggestons.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome, get her into the vet for a proper diagnosis. Symptoms sound similar to the hyperthyroidism my cat has. Try all canned food that she can swollow easily too. It sure sounds tough, I hope you can get an appointment right away, it's sad to see your pet sick.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Your cat could be severely dehydrated. That combined with diarrhea can put your cat in serious trouble- fast. Your cat is already showing signs of dehydration and the diarrhea is just draining her further. If you get to a vet now you stand a better chance of getting this under control . To wait may endanger your cat's life. (Check your private message Inbox for a pm from me .)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Thank You for all your suggestions but my cat is finally feeling better after a few days of being sick. She walks normally now and eats too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts