Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Simon from a friend about a month ago, He and his wife were divorcing and she left him with Simon. He didnt have time to take care of him, so he gave Simon to us. Well After they split he recently took a long vacation to Florida. We dont know his wife well, and from what we understand she took off with some guy to Las Vegas???

Anyhow, he told us Simon is nutered, and up to date on all shots. Thats all he said. Well I discovered Simon has a tattoo of a number and a picture?? on his belly. The picture is like a oval divided with a line in the middle. On one side of the line it apears to be an capital letter R and on the other side of the line it appears to be like a rectangle or something? Then the number is wrote on the outside of the oval.

Does anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've heard of tattooing dogs but not cats. I'm sure it's for the same reasons though. You should ask his previous owner when he returns, just so you know.

·
Registered
917 Posts
theres lots of info on tattoing cats for identification- most say it is done on the inner leg ro ear though. the diagram may be the logo of the registry so you know which to call?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts