Cat Forum banner

Sinister or Playful?

980 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  artemisa 
#1 ·
Ok, so if you read my last post you know Asha and Scottie are new to each other and getting use to thier new home.

They do the wierdest stuff... like, pounce on each other, sneak up and "tap" each other, bat at each other and then run lik the dickens. Is this playful behavior or should i be watching more closely?

And yes, this is the first time i've had more than one cat as you can probablly tell. haha

#2 ·
So long as things dont get too aggresive dont worry. As for aggresiveness you have to use youre discretion. Ive got 5 cats, 3 of the kittens fight like mad. Screech, the smallest of them screams her head off when she fights (hence her name) yet when they fighting stops SHE is the one who goes back for more!

mine will kick and bite each other, usually you can tell when things are going a bit far.

#3 ·
:lol: PLAYING! Kittens just look like they are playing rough. Sometimes, they do get scratched or bit but it is all in play. I would get concerned when Badness would start wrestling with Scrappy when she was a kitten. There was a huge size difference! But Scrappy kept coming back for more so I figured she wasn't getting hurt. They still wrestle like that!

#6 ·
I agree, that sounds like playing. I've heard the awful cat fights from my room at night. :?

My cat does that when he goes to the vet and sees the vet's cat. It's funny 'cause mine's a 4 month old ordinary tabby and his is a big Maine ****! I'm not familiar with cat's behaviour either since it is my first kitty. He growls, lays his ears flat and hisses a bit when the other cat gets near him. BUT he's never actually attacked anything. He did the same with my brother's female kitten. I don't know if he's actually dangerous when he gets like that or if he's just showing off ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.