Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my love. I was looking for a special needs cat and I found Dusty.

Apparently abandoned, one night he fell. A volunteer with a local rescue organization heard his late night scream. She and neighbors searched, but could not find the source. The next morning she found a grey cat with a badly broken leg on her doorstep. He had dragged himself that far and could go no further. Too weak and in too much pain, he didn’t fight being placed in a carrier for a trip to the vet. His right hind leg was too badly damaged and was amputated. After recovering and adjusting to a three-legged life he was placed up for adoption. I snagged him and took him to his forever home.

I’ve had him almost 10 months and he’s still quite shy and skittish, but with the help of those here he’s coming around, in fact, he’s quite curious. His curiosity has taken him to places I don’t expect him and more than once have surprised him. “Dusty, what on earth are you doing in my banjo case?” Finding things from the top of the six-foot bookshelf on the floor is evidence of his curiosity and ability to get around on three legs. He’s fast! He likes sitting in high traffic areas of the house, top or bottom of the stairs or by the sliding glass door. He loves to play and sometimes will try to snag an ankle when someone walks by. He rarely hides now and will allow me to pet and brush him; in fact the other night he sunk those sharp claws in my hand to drag it back when I stopped. “Don’t stop, that feels good.”

Uh… who’s training who?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I'm always very careful when I withdraw my hand from Missy, and she's the most gentle cat I've known. I always try to remember to tell her, "I've got to go now," hoping she'll get fo know that means what it says.

He looks to be a handsome boy. I'm glad his three legs are not slowing him down. When Zenobi had to be put to sleep, I chose a three legged cat, but when I inquired I was told she was out on foster and they intended to adopt. But she turned up back on the SPCA's website.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts